EXCEPTIONAL “Full Pack Golden Knowledge Container”
How Digital Transformation Can Improve Hospitals’ Operational Decisions
- Given the aging population, prevalence of chronic conditions, and advances in medicine, it has become more important than ever for hospitals to operate efficiently and effectively. Going forward, the key to improving operational decision-making will lie in their ability to leverage digital transformation.
- Here are four key areas where hospitals can leverage digital transformation to improve operational decision-making:
- Patient Flow
- Supply Chain Management
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Lessons learned, HBR
To make this type of digital transformation possible
Golden Knowledge (GK) Juice
- To make this type of digital transformation possible, hospitals must be intentional in the way they collect data and interact with their information technology systems. We have three prescriptions for how to go about this.
- Collect the right data in the right format.
- Start by identifying the pain points and the low-hanging fruit. When and where is data still collected and communicated offline? Can the fax become automatically captured and recorded in the electronic medical record (EMR) system? Can phone calls and text messages be reduced and replaced by electronic communications via the EMR?
- From the outset, design the data-collection system with scalability and interoperability (the ability of different IT systems or equipment to exchange and make use of data) in mind. Standardize the input formats to minimize (or eliminate) the need for data cleaning and to enhance the quality of inputs into algorithms. Familiarize yourself with the four levels of interoperability and the established interoperability standards to set up a system that will facilitate health information exchange and data sharing.
- While algorithms can produce helpful predictions and recommendations, ultimately the decision-maker is the human. As a result, we must be cognizant of the widespread nature of algorithm aversion by decision-makers and aim to develop algorithms that are fair, explainable, prevent harm, and respect human autonomy so that the decision-maker can trust the algorithms. Furthermore, creating superb algorithms alone cannot improve hospital operations. Algorithms need to be carefully designed, implemented, and evaluated with the user in mind.
- CONTEXT: The Golden Knowledge Path ("GKPath") digital highway
- Opportunity, Discovering and exploiting the treasure of the digital age
- "genioux facts", the online programme on MASTERING “THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE”, builds The Golden Knowledge Path (GKPath) digital highway to discovering and exploiting the treasure of the digital age, accelerating everyone's success in the digital age. g-f(2)254, g-f(2)260, g-f(2)261, g-f(2)251, g-f(2)312, g-f(2)256, g-f(2)257, g-f(2)272, g-f(2)271, g-f(2)270, g-f(2)268, g-f(2)269, g-f(2)289, g-f(2)283, g-f(2)287, g-f(2)313, g-f(2)293, g-f(2)294, g-f(2)296, g-f(2)298
- The inverted mini pyramid of knowledge, g-f(256), is essential to travel on the "GKPath" highway.
- Key "genioux facts" to travel on the "GKPath" highway.
- g-f(2)261 The Big Picture of the Digital Age (5/5/2021), geniouxfacts, You are unique. Grow without limits in the digital age.
- g-f(2)257 The Big Picture of the Digital Age (5/3/2021), geniouxfacts, At any moment you take the fastest path (GKPath) to your greatness.
Lessons learned, HBR
Golden Knowledge (GK) Juice
- Many companies are interested in digital transformation — using digital technologies to create or modify business processes, culture, and customer experiences — to grow and stay ahead of the competition, and hospitals are no exception.
- When people think about digital transformation in health care, they tend to focus on the idea of employing analytics to improve clinical decision-making. For example, with advances in computational science and machine learning, it’s become possible to deliver precision medicine, where therapies and interventions are tailored to each patient based on the individual’s genetic profile. Artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms are increasingly being used to improve the visual detection of signs of disease in fields such as radiology, dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, and pathology.
- However, focusing on leveraging digital transformation solely to improve clinical decision making would be a mistake. Based on our research and that of others as well as the burgeoning advances in how hospitals are using data and technology, we believe that digital transformation has a substantial role to play in optimizing hospitals’ operational decision-making, which in turn can lead to improvements in the quality and efficiency of care and patients’ access to it.
Some relevant characteristics of this "genioux fact"
- Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
- [genioux fact deduced or extracted from HBR]
- This is a “genioux fact fast solution.”
- Tag Opportunities those travelling at high speed on GKPath
- Type of essential knowledge of this “genioux fact”: Essential Analyzed Knowledge (EAK).
- Type of validity of the "genioux fact".
- Inherited from sources + Supported by the knowledge of one or more experts + Supported by research.
- Authors of the genioux fact
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
PhD with awarded honors in computer science in France
Fernando is the director of "genioux facts". He is the entrepreneur, researcher and professor who has a disruptive proposal in The Digital Age to improve the world and reduce poverty + ignorance + violence. A critical piece of the solution puzzle is "genioux facts". The Innovation Value of "genioux facts" is exceptional for individuals, companies and any kind of organization.
Key “genioux facts”
- Some relevant and recent "genioux facts" from the g-f golden knowledge pyramid to master the big picture of the digital age.
- Opportunities updates (1/19/2022) for those traveling at high speed on GKPath!
- Tag Alerts those traveling at high speed on GKPath
- g-f(2)831 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/18/2022), Talks at Google, Dorie Clark | How to Be a Long Term Thinker in a Short Term World
- g-f(2)830 The New World (1/18/2022), TechXplore, Controlling complex systems with Artificial Intelligence
- g-f(2)829 The New World (1/18/2022), Forbes, 3 Ways That Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Change Your Job Forever
- g-f(2)828 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/18/2022), HBR, When Lower Intensity Leads to Higher Results
- g-f(2)827 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/17/2022), HBR, Research: How Entrepreneurship Can Revitalize Local Communities
- g-f(2)826 The New World (1/17/2022), Bloomberg, France Gets its 25th Tech Unicorn, Reaching Macron’s Goal Early
- g-f(2)825 The New World (1/17/2022), Forbes, 14 Ways To Leverage AI To Better Connect With Customers
- g-f(2)824 The New World (1/17/2022), Venture Beat, How AI will drive the hybrid work environment
- g-f(2)823 The New World (1/17/2022), Forbes, How To Close More Deals With Artificial Intelligence
- g-f(2)822 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/16/2022), geniouxfacts, The 10 most read "genioux facts" of the month
- g-f(2)821 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/16/2022), geniouxfacts, The 10 most read "genioux facts" of the week
- g-f(2)820 The New World (1/15/2022), Venture Beat, How AI and language intelligence are helping employees learn
- g-f(2)819 The New World (1/15/2022), MIT SMR, Toxic Culture Is Driving the Great Resignation
- g-f(2)818 The New World (1/14/2022), Thomas M. Siebel, Digital Transformation: Survive and Thrive in an Era of Mass Extinction
- g-f(2)817 The New World (1/14/2022), HBR Analytical Services, Keys to Successful Innovation through Artificial Intelligence
- g-f(2)816 The New World (1/14/2022), HBR Analytic Services, AWS, AWS perspective: AI have the potential to transform nearly every industry
- g-f(2)815 The New World (1/14/2022), WEF, Artificial intelligence: What the C-suite needs to know
- g-f(2)814 The New World (1/14/2022), Analytics Insight, 10 WAYS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD IN 2022
- g-f(2)813 The New World News (1/13/2022), WSJ, These TikTok Stars Made More Money Than Many of America’s Top CEOs
- g-f(2)812 The New World (1/13/2022), Brookings, How countries are leveraging computing power to achieve their national artificial intelligence strategies
- g-f(2)811 The New World (1/13/2022), Bloomberg, TSMC to Spend at Least $40 Billion to Address Chip Shortages
- g-f(2)810 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/12/2022), Talks at Google, Bruce Hood | How Minds are Constructed
- g-f(2)809 THE NEW WORLD (1/12/2022), geniouxfacts, 10 juices of ultra-condensed GK to keep pace
- g-f(2)808 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/12/2022), MIT SMR + BCG, AI in the Supply Chain: Cold Chain Technologies’ Ranjeet Banerjee
- g-f(2)807 THE NEW WORLD (1/11/2022), HBR, Finding Success Starts with Finding Your Purpose
- g-f(2)806 The New World (1/11/2022), HBR, HBR’s Most-Read Research Articles of 2021
- g-f(2)805 The New World (1/11/2022), msn money, The National, Artificial intelligence to influence top tech trends in major way in next five years
- g-f(2)804 The New World (1/11/2022), MIT SMR, Six Ways Leaders Can Adapt to the Workplace of 2022
- g-f(2)803 The New World (1/10/2022), Bloomberg, Uniting Grand Theft Auto and FarmVille Is a Game Changer
- g-f(2)802 THE NEW WORLD (1/10/2022), WSJ, Microsoft Hit by Defections as Tech Giants Battle for Talent to Build the Metaverse
- A list of relevant "genioux facts" that describe a "Classical CONTEXT" of the Digital Age
- g-f(2)45 "The Big Picture of the Digital Age": Knowledge opens the way to staggering opportunities, risks and challenges
- g-f(2)50 The Big Picture of the Digital Age: Mines of Golden Knowledge Growing Every Day
- g-f(2)74 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE: Rapid change, incertitude and disruption, in a hypercompetitive environment
- g-f(1)28 The pyramid of knowledge of a “genioux fact”: From GOLD FRUITS to GOLD JUICES
- g-f(2)51 The Big Picture of the Digital Age: The Value of Golden Knowledge is Relative
- g-f(2)99 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE, The “genioux facts”: Essential knowledge to unleash your limitless growth.
- g-f(2)75 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE: “Infinite Learners” to keep pace with change, incertitude and disruption, in a hypercompetitive environment
- g-f(2)151 The Big Picture of the Digital Transformation, 3/1/2021, geniouxfacts, How To Succeed At Business Digital Transformation.
- g-f(2)153 The Big Picture of Business Artificial Intelligence (3/3/2021) in a Single “g-f KBP” Chart
- g-f(2)174 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (3/20/2021), geniouxfacts, Executive guide of golden knowledge to fire up your unlimited growth.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query The Big Picture of the Digital Age
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query Digital transformation.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query Artificial Intelligence.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query The future of work.
- Showing posts sorted by date for query The Big Picture of Sports.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query A new, better world for everyone.