Lessons learned, WSJ
Charli and Dixie D’Amelio, Addison Rae are among TikTok stars who out-earned leaders of many S&P 500 companies
- TikTok stars are dancing their way to the bank. Some are making more than America’s top chief executives.
- Charli D’Amelio, who started posting videos of herself dancing on TikTok in 2019, brought in $17.5 million last year, according to Forbes, which recently ranked the highest-earning TikTok stars of 2021. With 133 million followers on TikTok, she makes her money from a clothing line and promoting products in TikTok videos and other ads.
- By comparison, median pay for chief executives of S&P 500 companies was $13.4 million in 2020, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of data from MyLogIQ. CEO compensation figures include stock and option awards, which typically make up most of executive pay, as well as annual salary and bonus, perks and some kinds of retirement-benefit gains. Only some 2021 CEO compensation figures have been released so far.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Lessons learned, WSJ
Golden Knowledge (GK) Juice
- “They’re really building business empires,” said Mae Karwowski, CEO and founder of influencer marketing agency Obviously. She noted that many top TikTok influencers run new companies, launch brands and diversify their income streams.
- “The numbers we see now are only getting bigger,” she said.
- The cash flow of TikTok stars has soared along with the app’s rapid growth. Seven of TikTok’s top earners collectively made $55.5 million last year, a 200% increase from the prior year, according to the Forbes data.
- Some S&P 500 CEOs make much more, of course. Robert Kotick, who heads videogame giant Activision-Blizzard Inc. , made nearly $155 million in 2020. Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook made almost $99 million in the year ended Sept. 25. CEOs at a few smaller companies made even more.
- CONTEXT: The Golden Knowledge Path ("GKPath") digital highway
- Opportunity, Discovering and exploiting the treasure of the digital age
- "genioux facts", the online programme on MASTERING “THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE”, builds The Golden Knowledge Path (GKPath) digital highway to discovering and exploiting the treasure of the digital age, accelerating everyone's success in the digital age. g-f(2)254, g-f(2)260, g-f(2)261, g-f(2)251, g-f(2)312, g-f(2)256, g-f(2)257, g-f(2)272, g-f(2)271, g-f(2)270, g-f(2)268, g-f(2)269, g-f(2)289, g-f(2)283, g-f(2)287, g-f(2)313, g-f(2)293, g-f(2)294, g-f(2)296, g-f(2)298
- The inverted mini pyramid of knowledge, g-f(256), is essential to travel on the "GKPath" highway.
- g-f(2)256 The Big Picture of the Digital Age (5/2/2021), geniouxfacts, The fundamental knowledge mini-pyramid for traveling on the "GKPath" highway.
- Key "genioux facts" to travel on the "GKPath" highway.
- g-f(2)261 The Big Picture of the Digital Age (5/5/2021), geniouxfacts, You are unique. Grow without limits in the digital age.
- g-f(2)257 The Big Picture of the Digital Age (5/3/2021), geniouxfacts, At any moment you take the fastest path (GKPath) to your greatness.
- g-f(2)254 The Big Picture of the Digital Age (5/1/2021), geniouxfacts, The Golden Knowledge Path (GKPath) to accelerate everyone's success.
- g-f(2)260 The Big Picture of the Digital Age (5/4/2021), geniouxfacts, Alerts, Warnings and Relevant Lessons Learned Traveling at High Speed on GKPath.
Lessons learned, WSJ
Golden Knowledge (GK) Juice
- TikTok, owned by Beijing-based ByteDance Ltd., has hooked people with its secretive algorithm, which delivers video clips that it thinks users would like. The buzzy app said last year that it had more than one billion monthly users.
- TikTok didn’t respond to a request for comment.
- Policy makers around the world have been scrutinizing TikTok and its peers, including Meta Platforms Inc. ’s Instagram, over data-privacy issues. The possible psychological damage these platforms might cause to younger users is another risk for the company. Recent investigations by The Wall Street Journal found how TikTok’s powerful algorithms can hook people, and drive minors—among the biggest users of the app—into content about sex and drugs.
- Still, analysts say brands find the millions of followers of top TikTok stars irresistible. The top earners make much of their money from ads, product lines and other deals outside the app.
Some relevant characteristics of this "genioux fact"
- Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
- [genioux fact deduced or extracted from WSJ]
- This is a “genioux fact fast solution.”
- Tag Opportunities those travelling at high speed on GKPath
- Type of essential knowledge of this “genioux fact”: Essential Analyzed Knowledge (EAK).
- Type of validity of the "genioux fact".
- Inherited from sources + Supported by the knowledge of one or more experts.
- Authors of the genioux fact
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
PhD with awarded honors in computer science in France
Fernando is the director of "genioux facts". He is the entrepreneur, researcher and professor who has a disruptive proposal in The Digital Age to improve the world and reduce poverty + ignorance + violence. A critical piece of the solution puzzle is "genioux facts". The Innovation Value of "genioux facts" is exceptional for individuals, companies and any kind of organization.
Key “genioux facts”
- Some relevant and recent "genioux facts" from the g-f golden knowledge pyramid to master the big picture of the digital age.
- Opportunities updates (1/13/2022) for those traveling at high speed on GKPath!
- Tag Alerts those traveling at high speed on GKPath
- g-f(2)812 The New World (1/13/2022), Brookings, How countries are leveraging computing power to achieve their national artificial intelligence strategies
- g-f(2)811 The New World (1/13/2022), Bloomberg, TSMC to Spend at Least $40 Billion to Address Chip Shortages
- g-f(2)810 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/12/2022), Talks at Google, Bruce Hood | How Minds are Constructed
- g-f(2)809 THE NEW WORLD (1/12/2022), geniouxfacts, 10 juices of ultra-condensed GK to keep pace
- g-f(2)808 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/12/2022), MIT SMR + BCG, AI in the Supply Chain: Cold Chain Technologies’ Ranjeet Banerjee
- g-f(2)807 THE NEW WORLD (1/11/2022), HBR, Finding Success Starts with Finding Your Purpose
- g-f(2)806 The New World (1/11/2022), HBR, HBR’s Most-Read Research Articles of 2021
- g-f(2)805 The New World (1/11/2022), msn money, The National, Artificial intelligence to influence top tech trends in major way in next five years
- g-f(2)804 The New World (1/11/2022), MIT SMR, Six Ways Leaders Can Adapt to the Workplace of 2022
- g-f(2)803 The New World (1/10/2022), Bloomberg, Uniting Grand Theft Auto and FarmVille Is a Game Changer
- g-f(2)802 THE NEW WORLD (1/10/2022), WSJ, Microsoft Hit by Defections as Tech Giants Battle for Talent to Build the Metaverse
- g-f(2)801 The New World (1/10/2022), Multiple GK Containers, The Great Resignation
- g-f(2)800 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/9/2022), geniouxfacts, The 10 most read "genioux facts" of the month
- g-f(2)799 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/9/2022), geniouxfacts, The 10 most read "genioux facts" of the week
- g-f(2)798 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/8/2022), yahoo!news, AFP, Metaverse gets touch of reality at CES
- g-f(2)797 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/8/2022), MIT SMR, Management Articles for Starting the New Year
- g-f(2)796 The New World (1/8/2022), CNBC, How A.I. is set to evolve in 2022
- g-f(2)795 The New World (1/7/2022), Media, Investors Buy Up Metaverse Real Estate in Virtual Land Boom | WSJ
- g-f(2)794 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (1/7/2022), Harvard Business Review, LinkedIn Cofounder Reid Hoffman on Innovating for an Uncertain Future
- g-f(2)793 The New World (1/7/2022), Bloomberg, Bloomberg Billionaires Index: 8 in the Top 10 are from the industry in technology
- A list of relevant "genioux facts" that describe a "Classical CONTEXT" of the Digital Age
- g-f(2)45 "The Big Picture of the Digital Age": Knowledge opens the way to staggering opportunities, risks and challenges
- g-f(2)50 The Big Picture of the Digital Age: Mines of Golden Knowledge Growing Every Day
- g-f(2)74 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE: Rapid change, incertitude and disruption, in a hypercompetitive environment
- g-f(1)28 The pyramid of knowledge of a “genioux fact”: From GOLD FRUITS to GOLD JUICES
- g-f(2)51 The Big Picture of the Digital Age: The Value of Golden Knowledge is Relative
- g-f(2)99 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE, The “genioux facts”: Essential knowledge to unleash your limitless growth.
- g-f(2)75 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE: “Infinite Learners” to keep pace with change, incertitude and disruption, in a hypercompetitive environment
- g-f(2)151 The Big Picture of the Digital Transformation, 3/1/2021, geniouxfacts, How To Succeed At Business Digital Transformation.
- g-f(2)153 The Big Picture of Business Artificial Intelligence (3/3/2021) in a Single “g-f KBP” Chart
- g-f(2)174 THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE (3/20/2021), geniouxfacts, Executive guide of golden knowledge to fire up your unlimited growth.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query The Big Picture of the Digital Age
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query Digital transformation.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query Artificial Intelligence.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query The future of work.
- Showing posts sorted by date for query The Big Picture of Sports.
- Showing posts sorted by relevance for query A new, better world for everyone.