The “Positive Disruption: Transformation Revolution” has accelerated
The "Positive Disruption: AI Revolution" has accelerated
Chloe Taylor wrote the golden knowledge article A.I. experts downplay ‘nightmare scenario of evil robot overlords’. Over 1,300 sign letter claiming it’s a ‘force for good, not a threat to humanity’. The article, published on Fortune, argues that AI is a "force for good, not a threat to humanity."
The development of superintelligent machines is a “journey without a return ticket”—but not a ride that will end with humans being destroyed by “evil robot overlords,” a cohort of international technologists has argued.
In an open letter published on Tuesday, more than 1,370 signatories—including business founders, CEOs and academics from various institutions including the University of Oxford—said they wanted to “counter ‘A.I. doom.’”
“A.I. is not an existential threat to humanity; it will be a transformative force for good if we get critical decisions about its development and use right,” they insisted.
Since OpenAI’s large language model chatbot ChatGPT took the world by storm late last year, artificial intelligence has generated countless headlines, won billions of dollars from investors, and divided experts on how it will change the planet.
“Earlier this year a letter, signed by Elon Musk had called for a ‘pause’ on A.I. development, which [we] said was unrealistic and played into the hands of bad actors,” BCS—the U.K.’s Chartered Institute for IT, which wrote and circulated the letter—said in a statement alongside the letter on Tuesday.
We think these AI experts are right and asked Bard and Bing Chatbot to write a summary why they are right.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Chloe Taylor is a London-based reporter covering health, markets and the global economy. Prior to joining Fortune, she worked at CNBC where she reported on business, health, politics and climate change. A native Londoner, Chloe graduated from Lancaster University with a degree in English Literature, and has worked in the U.K., Australia and New Zealand.
Sure, here is a summary of why the 1,300 AI experts who signed the letter are right to downplay the "nightmare scenario" of evil robot overlords:
- AI is still in its early stages of development. This means that it is not yet as powerful as some people fear. It is also important to remember that AI is a tool, and like any tool, it can be used for good or for evil. It is up to humans to decide how AI is used.
- There are many benefits to AI. AI has the potential to solve complex problems, improve healthcare, and create new jobs. It can also be used to automate tasks, which can free up human time for more creative and productive activities.
- The potential dangers of AI are overblown. While there are some potential dangers associated with AI, these dangers are often exaggerated. For example, some people have warned that AI could be used to create autonomous weapons systems that could kill without human intervention. However, it is important to remember that these weapons systems would still need to be programmed by humans. Ultimately, it is up to humans to decide whether or not to use these weapons.
In conclusion, the 1,300 AI experts who signed the letter are right to downplay the "nightmare scenario" of evil robot overlords. AI is a powerful tool, but it is not yet as powerful as some people fear. It is also important to remember that AI is a tool, and like any tool, it can be used for good or for evil. It is up to humans to decide how AI is used.
Here are some additional thoughts on the matter:
- It is important to be aware of the potential dangers of AI, but it is also important to avoid fear-mongering.
- We need to have a thoughtful and informed discussion about the future of AI.
- We need to develop ethical guidelines for the development and use of AI.
- We need to ensure that AI is used for good and not for evil.
I hope this summary is helpful!
Bing Chatbot's Summary
The 1,300 AI experts who signed the open letter believe that AI is not an existential threat to humanity and will be a transformative force for good if critical decisions about its development and use are made correctly. They argue that the development of the technology needs to be achieved alongside a robust code of conduct, international collaboration, and strong regulation. By setting professional and technical standards in AI jobs, they believe that Britain has an opportunity to lead the way. These experts believe that AI can be a force for good and not a threat to humanity if it is developed and used responsibly.
genioux facts: AI is an existential threat to humanity?
Bing Chatbot: The signatories of the open letter mentioned earlier believe that AI is not an existential threat to humanity. They insist that AI will be a transformative force for good if critical decisions about its development and use are made correctly. However, opinions on this topic vary and there are others who believe that AI could pose a threat to humanity if not developed and used responsibly.
genioux facts: For Bing Chatbot AI is an existential threat to humanity?
Bing Chatbot: As a chatbot powered by AI, I don’t have personal opinions or beliefs. I can provide you with information and different perspectives on the topic, but ultimately it’s up to individuals to form their own opinions on whether or not AI is an existential threat to humanity.
g-f(2)1215: The Juice of Golden Knowledge
Some relevant characteristics of this "genioux Fact"
- BOMBSHELL KNOWLEDGE
- Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
- The Lighthouse of the Big Picture of the Digital Age
- The "Positive Disruption: AI Revolution" has accelerated
- The internal title
- g-f(2)1215 The lighthouse of the digital age: Over 1,300 experts sign letter claiming AI is a ‘force for good, not a threat to humanity’
- [genioux fact deduced or extracted from geniouxfacts + Fortune + Bard + Bing Chatbot]
- This is a “genioux fact fast solution.”
- Tag "GkPath" highway
- GKPath is the highway where there is no speed limit to grow.
- GkPath is paved with blocks of GK.
- "genioux facts", the online program on "MASTERING THE BIG PICTURE OF THE DIGITAL AGE”, builds The Golden Knowledge Path (GKPath) digital freeway to accelerate everyone's success in the digital age.
- Type of essential knowledge of this “genioux fact”: Essential Analyzed Knowledge (EAK).
- Type of validity of the "genioux fact".
- Inherited from sources + Supported by the knowledge of one or more experts.
- Authors of the genioux fact