- Some innovations can reach mainstream status in a matter of years, whereas others may take decades. And others, despite their disruptive potential, may never reach fruition.
- Video streaming services took off rapidly around the globe in a matter of years.
- In contrast, it has taken online degree programs more than a decade to establish a strong foothold in the education sector.
- And gene therapy, touted as a major advance in personalized medicine for several decades, has yet to take off.
Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
[genioux fact deduced or extracted from MIT SMR]
Type of validity of the "genioux fact".
- Inherited from sources + Supported by the knowledge of one or more experts.
Authors of the genioux fact
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Rahul Kapoor is a professor of management at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Thomas Klueter is an associate professor of entrepreneurship at IESE Business School at the University of Navarra in Barcelona.