VIRAL KNOWLEDGE: The “genioux facts” knowledge news
- QSR magazine. To understand where Smashburger is now, you must look back to August 2019 when Carl Bachmann was promoted to president. Digital orders have grown 436.7 percent amid the COVID pandemic. Smashburger will end 2020 with sales growth year-over-year, and double-digit increases for eight consecutive months.
- The Enterprisers Project. According to a McKinsey survey, the success of digital transformation projects depends on the involvement of employees across the organization, including line managers and front-line staff. It takes a village to digitally transform your organization.
- Microsoft. Microsoft confirmed it will launch a world-class, sustainable datacenter region in Sweden in 2021 with presence in Gävle Sandviken and Staffanstorp. Microsoft’s community investments in Sweden total more than $1.25 million (U.S.) in partnership with 13 organizations to advance STEM programs focused on youth, skilling and culture.
- The Enterprisers Project, Digital transformation: It takes a village. Organizational buy-in is a key part of successful digital transformation. Why do so many companies miss the mark on digital transformation? It boils down to people.
- Digital transformation is a company-wide effort that requires buy-in and collaboration across departments. Yet it also requires that each role within the organization brings its own unique perspective, talents, and skill set to the project.
- Executive sponsor. Since human nature prefers the status quo, the executive sponsor needs to shake things up and make change happen. In addition to bringing the vision and strong commitment to the initiative, this champion should also have a digital mindset.
- CFO. As the person who holds the purse strings, the CFO is important in providing the funding that’s needed for digital transformation. It’s critical that the budget is sufficient to enable the organization to truly transform digitally while also accounting for inevitable missteps and course corrections.
- CIO. The CIO makes sure that the right tech strategy and approach are in place to achieve the company’s goals. They also need to make sure the company has the right tech team to implement the vision, bring in outside guidance and help as needed, and provide the tools and solutions required to implement the change. The CIO determines the KPIs to measure success so adjustments can be made as needed.
- How to get everyone on the same page. Digital transformation success also depends on effective change management initiatives across the organization.
- Provide ongoing training. Everyone’s role throughout the organization will change along with your new business model. Educate your employees on what’s required in their new role and how their work supports the overall business goals of the organization, and provide opportunities for new positions within the company.
- According to a McKinsey survey, the success of digital transformation projects depends on the involvement of employees across the organization, including line managers and front-line staff. It takes a village to digitally transform your organization.
- “Smashburger decided that we could live with our plan, but we need to accelerate the plan,” Bachmann says. “So instead of sitting back, we coined the phrase 'pandemic positive’ and that meant culturally, but also in sales.
- We were going to take an aggressive approach.” Each of the five points was carried forward with the knowledge that the restaurant industry was headed toward a digital landscape.
- Amid the crisis, Smashburger has used third-party aggregators and its website and mobile app to deliver a 436.7 percent increase in digital orders.
- On December 14, the chain will launch updates to its app and website to provide a faster, frictionless experience, and give consumers the ability to earn and burn points through the loyalty reward program.
- In January, Smashburger will roll out a more intuitive curbside pickup program in which customers can tell restaurants what type of car they have and where to place the order. Curbside was rolled out to more than 70 units at the peak of the pandemic.
Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
[genioux fact extracted from The Enterprisers Project, Business Wire, Microsoft, QSR Magazine]
Authors of the genioux fact
- Digital transformation: It takes a village, Carlos M. Meléndez, November 25, 2020, The Enterprisers Project, EnterprisersProject.com.
- GlobalLogic Acquires ECS Group, a Leading UK-Based Digital Transformation Company, November 23, 2020, Business Wire, Businesswire.com.
- Microsoft announces investments to accelerate Sweden’s digital transformation and plans to open its sustainable datacenter region in 2021, Microsoft reporter, 24/11/2020, Microsoft.
- Microsoft Federal delivering solutions for secure digital transformation, Rick Wagner - Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Federal, Nov 23, 2020, Microsoft.
- Smashburger’s Long-Term Play is a Digital Transformation, Ben Coley, November 23, 2020, QSR Magazine, qsrmagazine.com.