- REPORT 1. A recent report from Futurum Research and sponsored by SAS revealed significant pandemic-induced shifts in consumer behavior and opinions including the acceptance of immersive tech.
- REPORT 2. An April 2020 report from ThinkMobile indicated that over 50% of smartphone owners already use AR apps when shopping.
- REPORT 3. IBM puts that figure at 32%.
- REPORT 4. An October 2020 report from P&S Intelligence indicated that the global AR and VR market is expected to experience a 42.9% CAGR between 2020 and 2030, bolstered by an increase in the number of smartphone users on the planet, (3.5 billion as of 2020), along with an increase in the number of tablets in use.
- AR Marketing Today
- There are quite a few brands today that are already using augmented reality to enhance their marketing efforts.
- The use of AR is growing through the efforts of Google and Apple, who have released Software Developer’s Kits (SDKs) for using AR in apps for iOS and Android, as well as third-party companies such as ThreeKit and WikiTude, both of whom help brands create AR-based marketing experiences.
- REPORT 3. IBM, How Extended Reality will reshape commerce. By 2020, 3.4 billion phones will have even more advanced AR capabilities, meaning billions of shoppers will be able to explore physical products with digitally integrated content and make better informed purchases.
- According to REPORT 3 already, nearly a third of consumers (32 percent) use AR apps, most frequently for gaming and social media.
- REPORT 1. Futurum Research, Experience 2030: Pulse Report / The Acceleration of Digital Engagement, Personalization and Trust.
- According to REPORT 1, 69% of those polled expect to use AR and VR to sample products in 2021, and 63% are willing to use AR and VR to visit remote locations.
- REPORT 2. ThinkMobiles, Augmented Reality in Retail.
- According to REPORT 2 over 50% of smartphone owners already use AR apps.
- REPORT 4. Prescient & Strategic Intelligence Private Limited, AR and VR Market Research Report: By Type (AR, VR), Offering (Hardware, Software), Device Type (AR Devices, VR Devices), Application (Consumer, Commercial, Enterprise) - Global Industry Analysis and Growth Forecast to 2030.
- According to REPORT 4 the global AR and VR market is expected to experience a 42.9% CAGR between 2020 and 2030, bolstered by an increase in the number of smartphone users on the planet, along with an increase in the number of tablets in use.
Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
[genioux fact produced, deduced or extracted from CMSWiRE]
Type of essential knowledge of this “genioux fact”: Essential Analyzed Knowledge (EAK).
Type of validity of the "genioux fact".
- Inherited from sources + Supported by the knowledge of one or more experts.
Authors of the genioux fact