VIRAL KNOWLEDGE: The “genioux facts” knowledge news
- After a decade of rapidly falling costs, the battery has reached a tipping point. No longer just for consumer products, it is poised to transform the way the world uses power.
- In the energy sector, affordable batteries are making it possible for companies to store electricity and harvest renewable power.
- In the auto industry, they are set to challenge the gas-powered engine’s centurylong domination.
- Costs have come down so far and so fast that most car makers expect that electric vehicles, which are currently more expensive than their gas-powered counterparts, will cost the same amount to build within the next five years.
- The battery boom could erode demand for crude oil and byproducts such as gasoline—as well as for natural gas, which is primarily used in power plants.
- The rise of rechargeable batteries is now a matter of national security and industrial policy.
Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
[genioux fact produced, deduced or extracted from WSJ]
Type of essential knowledge of this “genioux fact”: Essential Deduced and Extracted Knowledge (EDEK).
Type of validity of the "genioux fact".
- Inherited from sources + Supported by the knowledge of one or more experts.
Authors of the genioux fact