- There is a name for the mix of competition and cooperation: co-opetition.
- There are many reasons for competitors to cooperate.
- Cooperation is an overall win-win, but splitting the gains is a zero-sum game. The solution is relatively straightforward when there’s an even trade but harder if the trade is uneven.
- People tend to think in either/or terms, as in either compete or cooperate, rather than compete and cooperate. Doing both at once requires mental flexibility; it doesn’t come naturally.
- Today the opportunities for countries to cooperate are even larger—from tackling Covid-19 and climate change to resolving trade wars.
Category 2: The Big Picture of the Digital Age
[genioux fact produced, deduced or extracted from HBR]
Type of essential knowledge of this “genioux fact”: Essential Deduced and Extracted Knowledge (EDEK).
Type of validity of the "genioux fact".
- Inherited from sources + Supported by the knowledge of one or more experts.
Authors of the genioux fact